Tuesday, September 15, 2009

*!!!My Name!!!*


I have always wondered why people like teachers think my name is so hard to pronounce. My name is as simple as it looks. Every time people say my name, it sounds like a jest. A jest that is so irritating and antagonizing, for me at least. I just really wanted a better name until I looked up what my name meant. My name actually meant "Noble Woman"... Yah right. More like funny or weird would do but NOBLE WOMAN! What were they thinking!? The name suits someone who is noble, which is definitely not me. Before i was even born my mom did no know what name to choose from but personaly I think the name AMELINA (her favorite singer) wouldn't fit me. She went with Nur Izzati instead. She actually adored the name. I know that some people who live in the western part of the Earth are wondering - what type of name is that? Is it a name from space or something? - But I still like it. Nur Izzati is mostly common in South East Asia. Every single morning i still wonder why my parents called me Nur Izzati and not Amelina. I would have wanted a name more like Rose or Pinky but Nur Izzati will always be freaky and funny in her own words at least.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Your voice comes through loud and clear here! You have a conversational, approachable voice - very pleasing. I liked the link to the singer - that story added reality to the piece. Image? Title? You could have added depth to the piece by carefully selecting an interesting image and choosing a title that hooks the reader. Perhaps go back in and fix these parts up. I liked the ending - great word choice to describe your personality traits!

Angeline said...

Pinky ah??