Monday, May 10, 2010

Battle of Hastings Game

Game # 1

This game is about the war between King Harold Godwinson and Duke William. In this game you have to control what the army does and what they should do. The part I most enjoyed was the part where the people where making cool fighting noises. I learned that if Harold had been smarter he would have won against William. In the Battle of Hastings Harold had built a shield wall and William had made fake retreats. I think this type of game is a valuable learning experience because it is fun and because it was very historical and the facts were true.

Game # 2

This game is about 1066 and the three claims to the throne. In this game you control your army and play as William, Harold or Harald. The Part I most enjoyed was typing the taunts to the opponent. I learned that the war took a long time to finish and it was very hard to win. In the Battle oof Hastings I learned that Harald was "Killed" by an arrow in the throat and that only 24 ships went back to Norway. This game is good because it is fun and it shows how wars were like.

No comments: